The new home of Katzxy on the web.
Live not by lies. Text by Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
Versions can be found
A summary of the don'ts. From this day forward:
- Will not henceforth write, sign, or print in any way a single
phrase which in his opinion distorts the truth.
- Will utter such a phrase neither in private conversation nor
in the presence of many people, neither on his own behalf nor
at the prompting of someone else, neither in the role of agitator,
teacher or education nor in a theatrical role.
- Will not depict foster or broadcast a single idea which he can
see is false or a distortion of the truth whether it be in
painting, sculpture, photography technical science or music.
- Will not cite out of context, either oraly or a written,
a single quotation so as to please someone, to feather his
own nest, to achieve success in his work, if he does not share
completely the idea which is quoted, or if it does not
accurately reflect the matter at issue.
- Will not allow himself to be compelled to attend demonstrations
or meetings if they are contrary to his desire or will, will
neither take into hand nor raise into the air a poster or
slogan which he does not completely accept.
- Will not raise hand to vote for a proposal with which he does
not sincerely sympathize.
- Will vote neither openly nor secretly for a person whom he
considers unworthy or doubtful abilities.
- Will not allow himself to be dragged to a meeting where there
can be expected a force of distorted discussion of a question.
- Will immediately walk out of a meeting, session, lecture,
performance or film showing if he hears a speaker tell lies,
or purvey ideological nonsense or shameless propaganda.
- Will not subscribe or buy a newspaper or magazine in which
information is distorted and primary facts are concealed.
More to follow.